There are many wonderful, worthwhile causes and organizations in which to invest time, money and resources. Furthermore, there is no shortage of good people who can use a helping hand. With a charitable spirit in mind, each year we ask our employees to submit their favorite charities for consideration. After a company-wide vote, the top 5 charities receiving the most votes share in our annual donations.
Charities that have received our support include:
- Children Blessing Children – this non-profit foundation was founded by Arnold and Eileen Van Den Berg to provide financial and hands-on resources to children in need. One-hundred percent of donations go to the children.
- Helping Hand Home - a residential childcare agency that provides a safe haven for children healing from physical, emotional, and sexual abuse, neglect or abandonment.
- Center for Child Protection – a nationally accredited children’s advocacy center involved in the investigation of crimes against children. They are the first stop for children in Travis County, Texas who are suspected victims of sexual abuse, physical abuse, neglect, and for children who have witnessed a violent crime.
- Wounded Warrior Project – the focus of their mission is to help veterans and service members who incurred a physical or mental injury, illness, or wound while serving in the military on or after September 11, 2001.
- Central Texas Food Bank – a leader in the fight against hunger for nearly 35 years, their mission is to nourish hungry people and lead the community in the fight against hunger.
- RAINN – RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) is the nation’s largest anti-sexual violence organization. They also carry out programs to prevent sexual violence, help survivors, and ensure that perpetrators are brought to justice.